TheTrippyVoyager has been nominated for the Liebster Award by, Georgi Loves World. A big THANK YOU to you!
What is The Liebster Award you ask? It is a blogging award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is about encouraging other bloggers, to show love and raise awareness, by providing an opportunity to be more involved in the community, discover new blogs and connect with them.
Georgi has provided me with a list of questions to answer about myself. Here they go :
Why did you choose to start a travel blog?
Since my childhood, I have always loved writing and with every new trip I took I fell more and more in love with travelling to new destinations. I have always been in awe of the amount of knowledge that we can achieve from travelling. I believe that experiencing different regions, religions and cultures, makes us grow in a way nothing else can! So I thought that starting a travel blog would be the best way for me to combine my 2 passions.
Where is your favourite destination and why?
I actually have 2 favourite destinations – Daman & Diu and Himachal. These 2 because, I love oceans and hill stations. Both of them put us right into the lap of nature, with all the serenity and tranquility surrounding us, providing us an escape from the humdrum of the cities.
Which destination did you find had the best food? What was it?
I most definitely had the best food at Nyonya in China Town(New York City). I loved their Seafood Rice. I might even go back to New York one day only to have that! 😀
The most exciting travel experience you have had
My most exciting experience yet, would have to be my trip to Shimla & Kufri. We were absolutely unplanned for this trip, which later turned out be an awesome trip! But, I do hope to have many more exciting travel experiences in the future.
The scariest travel experience you have had
Oh well! I don’t think I have had any scariest travel experience yet. There are a lot of places on my bucket list at the moment, hopefully one of them will be my answer to this question.
What are your top tips for anyone wanting to go travelling for the first time?
- Travel as light as possible. Carry on the necessary things and nothing more. For a 2-3 day travel, one backpack should be enough.
- Always carry an extra pair of clothing.
- If you are unsure or unplanned about a trip – wear good sports shoes.
- Carry a water bottle and stay hydrated at all times.
Name 3 items that you ALWAYS take when you travel
Phone, Camera & Clothing.
Do you travel alone? Or do you have a travel buddy? Why?
I have always traveled with a group. I have nothing against travelling alone, but it’s always good to be with someone who has got your back. Plus, travelling helps you create beautiful memories with the people you travel with.
What style of travel do you prefer? Have you ever tried the alternatives?
I sometimes prefer to travel with a plan and sometimes love to go with the flow. Although if you are going to an absolutely new place, I would suggest you to travel with some plan. It can save a lot of your time and help you manage your travel plan much more effectively.
Name your next destination and explain why you chose this place.
I am hoping to either go camping somewhere or visit Rajasthan. Rajasthan is so well known for its ancient structures and architectures with amazing views. I wish to experience their rich culture and rejoice myself.
The following are my nominations:
rdmathur.in : RD Mathur is a banker turned traveller cum photographer & story teller.
baliartistrytour.com : Kadek Ardika Yasa runs the Bali Artistry Tour agency to assist the foreigners who want to see the Arts and Nature of Bali island.
myglobalattitude.com : Caroline hopes to inspire enough with her travels around the world that you create some crazy adventures for yourself too.
brokeassgirltravel.com : Mally is a regular person, working a 9 to 5 job . She aspires tell all the tips she uses & keep you updated on all the sales.
epicuriouspassport.com : Vrithi and Vikram are a fun-loving, adventurous, foodie couple whose main ambition in life is to see and eat as much of the world as possible.
petiteloulouseverydayadventures.com : Heather Smith, a pianist and writer from Indiana created this blog to show that no matter where you are, each day can be an adventure.
traveloptician.wordpress.com :Nives’ goal is to travel the world and help you with starting traveling and exploring the world.
My 10 questions to you all are:
- Most exciting animal encounter during your travel ?
- Have you ever been in real troubles or danger during your travels ?
- Which travel books or movies would you buy someone to inspire him to travel ?
- Who is the most interesting person you have met on the road?
- Show us the best photo you have ever taken on your travels.
- Describe the emotions that you feel in the first day of a new trip.
- What would you say to someone who is hesitant about starting travelling?
- How do you entertain yourselves on long airplane/bus/train rides?
- If the world was ending next week, and you only had a couple of days to visit the last thing you want to see on Earth, what/where is it?
- What is your life back home like?
Rules of the Liebster Award
If you have been nominated for The Liebster Award AND YOU CHOOSE TO ACCEPT IT, write a blog post about the Liebster Award in which you:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and post a link to their blog on your blog.
- Display the award on your blog — by including/displaying it in your post.
- Answer the 10 questions about yourself that your nominating blogger chooses for you.
- Nominate 5 – 11 blogs that you feel deserve the award.
- Create a list of questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
- Explain rules of The Liebster Award in your post.
- Once you have written and published your post inform the people/blogs that you nominated that your post is finished so they can continue the chain and nominate next bloggers.
- Very important ! Enjoy winning an award and pass this great feeling to your nominees!